Hale & Hines Nursery, Inc. strives for excellence in the products that it sells and the relationships it enjoys with its customers.
We have been in business since the spring of 1978. A family business founded by J.T. Hale and his son-in-law, Terry Hines. Mr. Hale sold his ownership in the nursery to Mr. Hines in 1998. Mr. Hines was voted by his peers as the 2007 Tennessee Wholesale Nurseryman of the Year. Mr. Hines has been and still is the President and General Manager of Hale & Hines with his sons James, John, and Peter in key management positions. All ownership remains within the Hines family. The majority of our employees have been with the company on a long-term basis (10+/- years).
- All field-grown products are packaged with biodegradable burlap and sisal twine.
- We use a custom-blend liquid-feed fertilizer before the slow release becomes active and later as a supplement.
- We regularly monitor salts and water usage in the container production.
- We have a buy back policy on our handled containers from our wholesale customers. We reuse all plastic containers from our own production when possible.
- We have a plant pathologist, Dr. Mario Soza, on staff. His primary duties are monitoring and spotting disease and insect concerns, thus greatly reducing the amount of farm chemicals used to produce healthy plants.
- All 30 and 45 gallon pot in pot production has grass planted between the rows for erosion control.